This question already has an answer here:

I'm travelling from India to Canada and I have Canada visa with me. I haven't buy ticket yet. I want to stay 4 to 5 days in United Kingdom. And I'm planning to buy British Airways ticket which has 1 stop at LHR.

  • Is there anything like that transit visa available?
  • Can I apply for it?
  • How much does it cost?

marked as duplicate by mts, Willeke, Nean Der Thal, CGCampbell, Gayot Fow uk May 16 '16 at 6:38

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


The UK does issue a special category of Visitor in Transit visas, but they are only for stays of at most 48 hours.

For a 4-5 day stopover you'll need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa, which costs £87.

(That's if you need a visa for the UK in the first place, of course -- I assume so, since otherwise you probably wouldn't have asked, but I don't know since you haven't told us your nationality).

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.