I'm a Pakistani residing in US and last year, I got married to a US-citizen. I applied for permanent residence, and I'm currently waiting for the final interview before the green card is issued.

But for the meantime, I have been issued an advance parole by the US Department of Homeland Security. According to Google, I can travel abroad and re-enter US, no issues.

But I need to be sure that it won't abandon my green card application...

Can anyone, who has traveled on advance parole, shed some light on what else do I require?

closed as off-topic by Michael Hampton, user102008, blackbird, Karlson, Willeke May 12 '16 at 22:19

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 6
    Your question seems to be mixing up permanent residence (green card) with citizenship. – Peter Green May 12 '16 at 18:58
  • sorry, not citizenship.. updated the question.. – Ali Yousuf May 12 '16 at 20:06

Yes, that's the whole point of Advance Parole -- so you can travel abroad and return to the US while your Adjustment of Status is pending without abandoning your Adjustment of Status application.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.