My husband is non-EU , but holding a Uk residence permit card without bearing or written in Resident Card as member of EEA family member. Can he still travel with me in Italy ?

  • The directive uses "United Kingdom “Article 10″ residence card issued to the Moroccan spouse of a Belgian citizen" as the very example of someone not needing a visa... – chx May 10 '16 at 22:29
  • 2
    @chx: It is not an Article 10 card unless it says "family member of an EEA/union citizen". – hmakholm left over Monica May 10 '16 at 22:54

Yes, he can travel with you to Italy, but if he is not a national of a visa-exempt country, he needs a visa. The Italian consulate must grant the visa unless your husband's visit would be a threat to public safety or health, or against public policy.

The visa is free of charge and the application must be considered by an "expedited" procedure.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.