My husband is non-EU , but holding a Uk residence permit card without bearing or written in Resident Card as member of EEA family member. Can he still travel with me in Italy ?

  • The directive uses "United Kingdom “Article 10″ residence card issued to the Moroccan spouse of a Belgian citizen" as the very example of someone not needing a visa...
    – user4188
    May 10, 2016 at 22:29
  • 2
    @chx: It is not an Article 10 card unless it says "family member of an EEA/union citizen". May 10, 2016 at 22:54

1 Answer 1


Yes, he can travel with you to Italy, but if he is not a national of a visa-exempt country, he needs a visa. The Italian consulate must grant the visa unless your husband's visit would be a threat to public safety or health, or against public policy.

The visa is free of charge and the application must be considered by an "expedited" procedure.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .