I am a US citizen and I am flying from the USA to Glasgow with a stop in Dublin to change planes.

Do I need a visa even thought I am not leaving the plane and if so is it a certain type of visa?

  • I like the cows there. – edocetirwi May 10 '16 at 19:04
  • 2
    You say at first that you are changing planes, then that you are not leaving the plane. Is this a stopover or a technical stop? Or, if you don't mind sharing, what is the flight number so we can look it up? – choster May 10 '16 at 19:18
  • "to change planes" or "not leaving the plane" ... pick one ... – brhans May 10 '16 at 19:19
  • 2
    @brhans: Does it matter? AFAIK US citizens don't need a visa to transit or even to visit Ireland. – Nate Eldredge May 10 '16 at 19:22
  • @NateEldredge - only in the sense that a coherent question is more likely to attract a coherent answer. – brhans May 10 '16 at 20:09

Whether you leave the plane or not, US passport holders do not need a visa to transit in Ireland, nor even to visit.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.