I am planning to travel to Italy in November for my honeymoon. I have a couple of doubts:

  1. I have the ITR for 1 year only, as I was doing my MBA before that. The eligibility documents lists 3 year ITR. How can I clear this requirement?

  2. I would apply for the visa in September, clearly I would be unmarried at that time. So, do I show separate bank statements for my wife and myself? How do I prove that we are going for a honeymoon to them?

  3. Any minimum amount required in bank, like a minimum cut off balance

closed as unclear what you're asking by JoErNanO, CMaster, mts, JonathanReez, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo May 9 '16 at 16:43

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    What is the ITR? Your question 3 already has an answer here. – JoErNanO May 9 '16 at 15:06
  • 2
    What is your citizenship? Is this question about visas or something else? Who are you showing things/proving things to? – CMaster May 9 '16 at 15:08
  • The answer linked to by @JoErNanO is for UK visas but certainly a good read for you. – mts May 9 '16 at 15:17
  • ITR is Income tax returns and by the OPs name I'd say the OP is an Indian Citizen. – nikhil May 9 '16 at 15:58
  • 1
    I've down-voted your question since you do not specify key points: your citizenship and country of residence. It's impossible to answer your question without that information and nobody wants to play detective. – rvs May 9 '16 at 16:40

I was in a similar situation (not exactly the same) around this time an year ago, I'd moved to the US for work and came back to India to get married.

My wife and I wanted to visit the UK and Ireland for our honeymoon. We'd applied for UK visas separately as single individuals, didn't mention marriage or honeymoon in the application. I'd applied in NY whereas my wife had done so in Bangalore. Since both of us work, we had adequate financial means on our own it wasn't a problem and we got our visas. The visit thereafter was smooth too.

I'd recommend you do the same if your circumstances are similar, if however your wife isn't working then I'd recommend waiting till the wedding and applying together after that.

Another side note (I don't recomment this course of action but you should know about this) : Since this is schengen if you feel one country's requirements are more stringent than another then you could apply for one which has easier requirements. I know a friend and his wife who visited Italy and even when they were applying from NY they had to go for an in person interview, went smoothly for them. I'm thinking Greece or Spain can do with tourists, god knows their economy needs it.

  • Your last piece of advice needs a note of caution - people have had their visas cancelled when entering/exiting from a Schengen state that was never on their itenary. – CMaster May 9 '16 at 16:12
  • Noted found this - travel.stackexchange.com/questions/44258/… It seems like the wording on this is vague. I'll strike off that section, since I'm not an expert at this I'll just share my experience and let the OP decide for them if it helps or not. – nikhil May 9 '16 at 16:17
  • @nikhil What wording do you find vague? I don't see any; there is a well defined procedure for determining which country is "competent" to handle a Schengen visa application. Gray areas may arise when plans change after the application has been filed, but that is caused more by an absence of wording. – phoog May 9 '16 at 16:30
  • This seemed vague and unenforceable to me - "A visa shall be annulled where it becomes evident that the conditions for issuing it were not met at the time when it was issued". In this particular case this would mean if the OP and Fiancee would apply separately then that would become invalid after marriage as the conditions change. They couldn't apply together as they aren't married and plan to travel when they are. – nikhil May 9 '16 at 17:15
  • @nikhil - no, for a single-entry visa (which is probably what OP would get), you have to supply an itenary - what the OP intends to do, and where they intend to do it. The application has to be made to the "main destination" nation of the trip - if you apply anywhere else, it will just be sent back and told to send it to the right place. If OP then travels to different places (or purposes) than in the itenary, that would count as that - as the applicant would be considered guilty of deception at the time of application. – CMaster May 10 '16 at 7:36

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.