My son, an Indian national, has got admitted to a Swedish university.

After receiving his residence permit from Swedish immigration agency, he will be flying to Stockholm with a four-hour halt at Frankfurt.

Will he need a transit visa for Frankfurt?


1 Answer 1


For border purposes, Sweden and Germany are located in the same "Country" (called Schengen), so he'll enter at Frankfurt with his passport and Swedish residence permit card and continue on a "domestic" flight to Sweden

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .