I am going to Grand Cayman but I need to go through London / Dubai and the US. DO I need a separate visa for Dubai and London?

Also, I have a work permit for Grand Cayman Islands.

Per comments by OP: I have an Indian passport with a valid visitor visa. I will travel either through BA or Emirates or American airlines

  • 2
    Of what country are you a citizen?
    – jacoman891
    Apr 29 '16 at 7:37
  • 3
    @jacoman891 I have an indian passport with a valid visitor visa. I will travel either through BA or Emirates or American airlines
    – Mansi
    Apr 29 '16 at 8:25
  • 2
    @JonathanReez Exactly where, in this answer or on the official website, do you see a 10-point list of conditions applying to US visa holders? And how is it a problem to summarize this list in an answer? It seems to me that you are once again passing judgment without fully understanding the issue. Ironically, you are generally happy closing down questions as duplicate of much more general questions than this one and have been complaining. Would you seriously accept it if the OP would edit many more details in the question?
    – Relaxed
    Apr 29 '16 at 10:02
  • 2
    @JonathanReez Funny, that's exactly what I suspected. "One of the following must apply" precisely means that the list is not relevant at all to US visa holders, they qualify based on the first item, you can stop reading there, period. It's not a list that applies to them, it's a list that might allow people in the opposite situation (no US visa) to qualify anyway. And you are definitely passing judgment without the slightest clue about the topic. Or simply taking the time to read carefully before voting and commenting. That's flirting with trolling and vandalising. Please stop.
    – Relaxed
    Apr 29 '16 at 10:23
  • 1
    @JonathanReez On one level, nothing has consequences, it's just a random website. But at this point you are knowingly decreasing the general quality of the contents and creating more work for others for no good reason. You are right that there have been many discussions on meta and you should take them into account. "It does not matter because other people can clean up after me" is not an acceptable reason to vote without even properly reading questions.
    – Relaxed
    Apr 29 '16 at 11:29

You can transit through the UK on any passport, assuming you have a valid US visa. For more details see our related question.


For your itinerary, you need:

  1. US visit or transit visa
  2. Grand Cayman visa.

You already have all the requirements; as having a US visa exempts you from having a UK transit visa - which you would have required otherwise.

In Dubai - there are no transit visa requirements. If one is required (if your transit is more than 24 hours), it will be arranged for you by the airline along with your accommodation.


As regards the UK: As an Indian passport holder with a US Visitor Visa, you would need to make sure that your flight is booked all the way through on a single booking and your bags are checked through. If checking in for a flight they ask to see your visa for the UK, show them your US visa saying it entitles you to air-side transit in the UK.

This advice also applies to Dubai, although you do not need to show proof of US Visa, only a connecting flight.

  • 3
    "The deleted answer's advice stands" is not an answer -- it makes the majority of users who can't see deleted posts none the wiser. Apr 29 '16 at 12:38
  • I then go on to repeat the advice. Apoligies if that isn't clear; I'll edit it.
    – jacoman891
    Apr 29 '16 at 13:04
  • And is this answer about transiting in London, Dubai, both, or neither? Apr 29 '16 at 13:08
  • @HenningMakholm Edited.
    – jacoman891
    Apr 29 '16 at 13:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.