I want to travel to USA with a valid visa (B1). During that time I want to take my wife along with me. What kind of visa does she need to apply for?


If your wife is accompanying you for business reasons, she needs a B1 visa. If she is not participating in your business activities, nor in any other business activities, then she needs a B2 visa. Most US visitor visas are issued as joint B1/B2 visas, so obviously a visa like that would suffice as well.

| improve this answer | |

Why would you think your wife need different visa than you?

If she's one of nationalities that require visa and you plan a short trip, it would be B1/B2 as well.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.