I am a Philippine passport holder currently working in Trinidad and Tobago. For my one month vacation, I am planning to pass through the Trinidad-London-Dubai-Philippines route. I am applying for UK Transit visa and thinking if I could use this to travel around Europe.

Is it possible?

  • 2
    See Schengen Visa Application: tips for preparing if you wish to obtain a visa to travel around Europe. – Michael Hampton Apr 16 '16 at 18:20
  • @MichaelHampton not sure how this is a dupe, the OP wants to know if they can visit Europe with a UK transit visa – blackbird Apr 16 '16 at 22:42
  • @blackbird57 See the user's comment below. They are actually wanting to visit Europe. – Michael Hampton Apr 16 '16 at 22:44

Most of Europe is in the Schengen treaty area. The UK isn't. You would need a Schengen tourist visa for sightseeing. And a transit visa isn't sufficient for a longer stay in the UK, either.

  • Thank you for the response. Is it hard to get Schengen Visa if you haven't been to other countries? My first out of the country is in Trinidad and it is for work. – RaRa Apr 16 '16 at 12:34
  • 1
    @RaRa, you will have to convince the visa officials that you're no illegal immigrant. Do you have a good and steady job in Trinidad? That's the main thing. – o.m. Apr 16 '16 at 12:40

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.