If a Mexican citizen, residing in Mexico, wants to fly domestically, what documents are needed?

Example: Flying from Torreon to Cancun (different states in Mexico)

  • 2
    The best place to look would be the airline website - it'll say what's acceptable there. I don't know Mexico but for domestic flights elsewhere you generally need government-issued ID, but not necessarily a passport. e.g. VivaAerobus list (the 'Important documentation' section): IFE, Passport, Professional license, IMSS card or drivers license. You probably want an answer from someone Mexican though. – Rup Apr 8 '16 at 16:31
  • Related: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/29149/… – JoErNanO Apr 11 '16 at 13:26

According to the FAQ page of the Mexico City International airport, Mexican citizens require ID to fly domestically within Mexico:

Mexico City International Airport infographics on travel documents

A valid ID can be one of:

  • voter ID
  • passport
  • driver's licence
  • Sometimes it's like you're just waiting for bounties before you answer ;) – Mark Mayo Apr 11 '16 at 13:33
  • @MarkMayo Who? Me? :) – JoErNanO Apr 11 '16 at 13:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.