I am going for an Internship in San Francisco this Summer and I am seeking a place to live. I was told by a local university there to contact Paramount Student Housing, which offers a place (herbert hotel) 3 blocks away from my office.
Moreover what the offer seems reasonable for the price. However, at my last (almost done) trip, I had a bad experience, where someone tried to trick me, offering me a house, which was actually located in Japan, rather in Switzerland which was my destination. I could only tell by searching the pictures she sent me.
So now, even if the communication with Paramout Student Housing seems OK, they require these documents:
- Copy of your passport or driver's license/ID
- Copy of your I-20 or visa or company internship approved letter or any other school enrollment confirmation paper
- Copy of credit card - front and back
- Filled out Credit card authorization form attached (document)
- Signed Kitchen agreement attached
- Signed Smoking Addendum attached.
I am worried about the 3rd document, why they want that? I might overreact, I know, but I am afraid..What would you say? In my previous trips, I stayed in popular hotels, so I have no experience.