I'll be traveling to the US (California) soon and would like to ride a BMW R1200GS bike that my friend owns.

I have a valid driving license from Pakistan (valid for both car and motorcycle). I understand that I can rent and drive a car in the US without the need for an IDP.

  1. Does the same apply to motorcycles?
  2. Do I need some special kind of insurance coverage? I already have travel insurance.


Browse other questions tagged .