I'm a non EU passport holder and have a valid Schengen visa (5 year multiple entry). When I applied for the visa I applied as a spouse on a UK passport holder. Have traveled to EU several times with my husband and child - no problems. I now wish to travel without my spouse (but with child who has UK passport) on this Schengen. Is this possible?

I realise that conditions for granting the family visa include travelling with partner but it's not clear if these conditions apply for all future travel too. Hoping a Schengen is a Schengen and other conditions can't be applied post issuing. Failing that, hoping my UK born child can be considered my family member.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Michael Hampton, Henning Makholm, CGCampbell, Karlson, JoErNanO Apr 4 '16 at 10:52

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • By SA you mean South Africa ? – blackbird Mar 28 '16 at 17:01
  • The marked duplicate is not at all appropriate. It is an entirely different question that is not helpful to the asker of this question. The question cited by Gayot Fow is more relevant. – phoog Apr 1 '16 at 23:58
  • 1
    What is the exact type of visa you have? Have you been officially recognized as a family member of an EU national? – CGCampbell Apr 2 '16 at 2:16
  • Also, your statement "have traveled to EU several times with my..." is confusing here. The UK is part of the EU. Where are you resident? – CGCampbell Apr 2 '16 at 2:18

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.