I am a Non EU citizen, residing in Belgium as a dependent to my spouse. Recently I got admitted to a Masters course in Netherlands for fall 2016. The university will be applying for my student visa/ Student residence ID to Netherlands. As I will be living 4 nights in Netherlands and the weekend 3 nights in Belgium is it ok or legal to possess two residence IDs? One as a dependent in Belgium and one as a student in Netherlands?

closed as off-topic by chx, CMaster, phoog, Gayot Fow, JoErNanO Mar 2 '16 at 14:25

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    I guess you mean non-EU citizen at the start there? – CMaster Mar 2 '16 at 13:15
  • yes, did the correction – gfernandes Mar 2 '16 at 13:16
  • 1
    In general those things that are not prohibited are legal. It is going to be difficult to prove the absence of a prohibition against having two residence cards. – phoog Mar 2 '16 at 14:24
  • 1
    I noticed ths question is put on hold and I am advised to use Expatriates Stack Exchange instead. Apologies for posting it in the wrong site. I have posted a question there. Thank you everyone for your help. – gfernandes Mar 2 '16 at 14:46