I am student with a valid F1 (student visa) status in the US. I am from Saudi Arabia. Do I need to apply for a tourist visa to go for a vacation in the Dominican Republic?


According to http://www.domrep.org/visa.html, which as far as I can tell is an official DR embassy website:

Any person who can legally travel or reside in the United States, Canada and the European Union (including Great Britain) does not need a visa to visit the Dominican Republic for tourist purposes and can enter the Dominican Republic with a Tourist Card and a valid passport.

So it would appear that thanks to your US visa status, you do not need a visa; you just need a tourist card. You can order it online or get it at the airport when you arrive. It costs US$10 and is valid for 30 days.

(If you didn't have a US visa, then as a Saudi citizen you would be required to get a tourist visa for the DR.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.