As an Indian citizen, I can get a visa on arrival in HK for a stay up to 14 days.

If I had to stay for longer, say 20 days, is it possible to leave Hong Kong for Macau/China and enter again? To be more precise, I leave HK on the 13th day of my contiguous stay and arrive back 2 days later to stay for another week or so.

Is there a potential problem with this plan?

  • 1
    I don't know whether entering China and coming back would reset the clock, but you'd need a visa to go to China anyway, and according to this question, you'd need to apply for your Chinese visa back in India (or wherever you normally live). Why not just apply for a visa to visit Hong Kong for the duration of your stay? Feb 21, 2016 at 20:21
  • As per new rules by Hong Kong immigration, Indian nationals need Pre-Arrival registration before making use of 14-day visa free stay
    – RedBaron
    May 1, 2017 at 7:03

1 Answer 1


Yes, this is standard practice that Indian visitors with Visa-on-arrival follow. Just make a trip to Macau, and enter again.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .