I am from Kazakhstan living in Shanghai. I am planning to visit Japan this April, could you please share your experience getting a visa to Japan in Shanghai? Maybe the name of the travel agencies that I can contact ?

closed as too broad by Mark Mayo, blackbird, JonathanReez, CGCampbell, Gayot Fow Feb 22 '16 at 18:16

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    "Sharing experiences" is very open-ended and sounds more like an invitation to a discussion than a question: we're not a discussion site. Do you have a specific question you want to know the answer to? Recommending commercial companies isn't really on-topic here, either. – David Richerby Feb 22 '16 at 3:05

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the Shanghai consulate would be the place to go if you'd be Chinese. It is reasonable to try there first and forget any travel agencies. They are much less likely to be able to deal with a non-Chinese citizen in this and even if they could, it's likely they will charge you for a service you don't need.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.