I am an Indian passport holder holding valid US work visa and Canadian tourism visa. Can I travel to India via Toronto and back to the USA via Toronto ?


Yes, you can do that. Tourist visas are valid for transit in every case of which I am aware (UK, Schengen, US, Canada).

|improve this answer|||||
  • Unfortunately, I am unable to find an official source to confirm this. – phoog Jan 29 '16 at 20:17

of course you can. You can transit anywhere if you have a valid ticket and a route to your destination and the departure city.

|improve this answer|||||
  • 3
    That's not at all true. Some countries (eg the USA) or Airports/airport combinations require passing local immigration even when transiting. Some countries require a visa for certain nationals even if they wil not leave the international area of an airport. – CMaster Feb 1 '16 at 11:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.