I am a Canadian citizen and currently visiting the UK to be with my girlfriend. I have the 6 month tourist visa stamp and have a return flight booked back to Canada on February 2nd.

My question is can I travel to Barcelona with my girlfriend for a few days before I fly back to Canada. Will they allow me back into the UK to get on my flight back to Canada?

  • Um, yes? Why wouldn't they? – Michael Hampton Jan 25 '16 at 18:25
  • @MichaelHampton Out of concern that the OP is attempting a “visa run” and would want to stay another six months? (Not saying it's an issue but I am guessing that's the concern here). – Relaxed Jan 25 '16 at 18:42
  • that is most definitely not the situation and I have only been in the UK for 3 months. – Xavier Jan 25 '16 at 20:05
  • 1
    @Xavier it does not matter whether your trip to Barcelona is a visa run. What matters is whether the UK border officer suspects that the trip is a visa run. – phoog Jan 25 '16 at 20:18

No it shouldn't be a problem for you to go back to the UK, the worst is you might be asked about it but you have a perfectly valid reason to do so and you could show your flight booking as evidence.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.