I'm going to move to Australia 2 months from now and my wife has some concerns about taking a pack with 6 months worth of birth control pills. Reason why is we'll have plenty of stuff to care about in our first 6 months and not having to look for a doctor right away would be awesome.

Problem is i'm not being able to find a reliable source which tells me if she can do that.

Some websites that i've seen stated that she would be able to take her pills IF she took a translated prescription from her doctor, while others state that she won't be able to take them at all.

So, has any woman around here ever been through that ? Thanks.

  • 1
    This question might be better suited to Expats SE.
    – mts
    Jan 23, 2016 at 16:39

1 Answer 1


According to the Government of Australia's website, which would be more reliable than some blogger, you can bring a three month supply along with a English version of the prescription.


(do you think their web guru could have packed any more seo keywords in that url?)


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .