Atlanta has the Coca Cola museum, Munich has the BMW museum, in Maranello there is the Ferrari museum. Similarly, are there any "brand" museums in LA or its neighborhoods? I know these museums are quite popular in Europe, but haven't seen anything in LA yet.
Okay, so I've gone through several Wikipedia pages for southern California...
- McDonald's Museum (also Juan Pollo) in San Bernardino
- Fender Museum of Music and the Arts in Corona (I assume there are some Fender instruments)
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Los Angeles and another one in San Diego)
- Lawrence Welk Museum in Escondido
Related, if you like cars:
- Nethercutt Collection in Sylmar
- Petersen Museum in Los Angeles (Wilshire)
Probably not what you had in mind, exactly, but the oldest remaining Bob's Big Boy restaurant in Burbank has near-museum status, plus, you know... food.