I am 17 years old and I have an invitation from a university regarding a conference. Usually, for a conference, a business visa is appropriate but when I clicked that it said this visa is for adults only. I then tried to give business (academic) but even that has four options which are:

  • research
  • teaching
  • clinical practice
  • formal exchange

I am really confused. What type of visa should I apply for?


I am confused. Where did you click what? I believe you need a standard visitor visa as per the official Standard Visitor visa page:

You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities, eg: you’re coming to the UK for a conference,

and then there's a If you're under 18 sub-page telling you everything you need to know age wise.

  • No, I won't copy-paste the whole sub-page. There are a lot of conditions, different for travelling alone and traveling with an adult -- consult the official page, that's why it's there. – chx Dec 29 '15 at 11:22
  • Thanks to you for the answer,I know I have to apply for standard visitor visa and in the form there are three things to fulfill, reason for visit,visa type and visa sub-type. reason for visit I gave is visit but I'm confused with the visa type as I am under 18 and I can't click on business as a visa type. – Israt Jan 3 '16 at 8:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.