I am going to Jamaica for a medical conference and I have booked my flights via UK and New York. I will stay in JFK, New York airport only two hours and then fly New York to Jamaica.

Do I need visas for USA and UK to catch connecting flights?

  • You could get a c visa instead of b1/b2. – phoog Dec 25 '15 at 7:51
  • C visa? But where submit my application ? – Hitesh nayak Dec 25 '15 at 8:57
  • Us consult? Or u k consulet – Hitesh nayak Dec 25 '15 at 8:58
  • What is your nationality? – A E Dec 25 '15 at 17:48
  • This is unclear unless you tell us what citizeship/passport you hold. – CMaster Dec 25 '15 at 19:40

You will only need a US C Visa (Transit Visa) to transit via any US airport.

Regarding the UK, as an Indian citizen you can transit through the UK as long as you're holding a valid US visa.

From the official gov.uk website:

You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

  • a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.