I am planning to go to China for business trip with my boss on 12/12/2015 and back on 19/12/2015, the day might be changed but should be 7 days and before Christmas. I just checked my visa is Tier 5 youth mobility visa and will expire on 5/3/2016, I hear people mention if I return to UK later, I need to have 3 month or 6 month valid visa. Because I have been rejected to enter the UK before (but I was under a special case and accident, so UKGOV accept my reason and approve my visa application after that) so I am worried about any problem for me to return UK after that. Does anyone know the policy and can support a link on gov website that mentions similar requirement or mention my case is alright to return?

  • What is your citizenship? UK? Commented Dec 11, 2015 at 14:00
  • I am holding British national oversea passboard , thanks
    – Keith
    Commented Dec 11, 2015 at 14:03
  • 1
    What is a passboard ??
    – DumbCoder
    Commented Dec 11, 2015 at 15:18
  • There isn't a link that says a visa runs until its expiry date. It's implicit within the broader context of visas.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Dec 11, 2015 at 23:12
  • Possible duplicate of Can I leave the UK and come back in, on a Tourist visa?
    – JonathanReez
    Commented Jan 26, 2016 at 11:55

1 Answer 1


According the the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) page:

How long you can stay

You’ll be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months.

You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay.

If you turn 31 while you’re in the UK, you can stay for as long as your visa is valid.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .