If know that my flight will be delayed by several hours, what is the minimum time I must be at the airport and at the gate (per regulations) if I have already checked-in?
For instance, I want to arrive at 1900 when the flight will now be leaving the airport at 2100. Originally, the flight was scheduled to depart at 1800.
I'm more specifically concerned about the TSA and/or homeland security requirements.
- I have already checked in and am a confirmed passenger with printed boarding pass. (This is the difference between my question and a flagged duplicate)
- This flight is the first leg of my trip.
Details that should not matter for the answer I am looking for but I know people will ask for:
- Flight is with a major US carrier.
- I do have a check bag (but once again, I am looking for the required minimum time not the recommended time).
- It is from a standard USA airport -nothing special.
- My trip is ending internationally (IE there is a layover in the USA but ending in Europe).
- My actual flight times are more tightly compressed (I just exaggerate for simplicity).