I have a quite specific issue here : I am living and working in London (I am French), and my friend would like to come for a few days. The thing is, my friend is Chinese, but is working in France for a few years, so she has French work permit, does she need to apply for a "Standard Visitor visa" anyway?

Precision: I know that Schengen and UK have different types of visa, but as she has a long-time permit in France, can she be considered differently than just a Chinese citizen?

  • There are some others that could be nominated as the duplicate as well: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/57425/… or travel.stackexchange.com/questions/18720/… – CMaster Dec 2 '15 at 13:50
  • Your edit doesn't make it not a duplicate. The answer you seek is in all the linked questions (although the marked duplicate is the most explicit) – CMaster Dec 2 '15 at 14:35
  • The answers to travel.stackexchange.com/questions/50745/… fully apply to your friend but there are enough differences to consider this question separately in my opinion. – Relaxed Dec 2 '15 at 15:04
  • When you say “my friend”, do you mean a friend or are you two romantically involved? If you can prove that you lived together for two years, my understanding is that your friend might qualify for an EEA family permit instead of a standard visitor visa. – Relaxed Dec 2 '15 at 15:09
  • @Relaxed I don't see any meaningful differences between an Italian non-citizen resident and a French non-citizen resident. Why is this question not a duplicate? – CMaster Dec 2 '15 at 15:13