This question already has an answer here:

The father of my child is in California, I'm sending him money to buy the ticket to come out to TN. He does not have his ID but has a birth certificate.

Will they ask for his ID if he buys the bus ticket? Or when he gets on the bus?

marked as duplicate by choster, Gagravarr, CGCampbell, Maître Peseur, Willeke Nov 21 '15 at 22:16

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Welcome to Travel.SE. It's not clear from your question whether he refers to the father or the child, but if the former, then How can I have “will call” Greyhound tickets picked up without a photo ID? might be informative. – choster Nov 20 '15 at 19:01
  • 2
    For a bus ticket, I do not think ID is required. He probably needs ID to get the money, though, depending on how you've sent it. You shouldn't send cash through the mail. – phoog Nov 20 '15 at 19:01
  • 1
    You buying a bus ticket and then mailing it to him would seem to be the way to go. If you buy it online you may be able to get Greyhound to mail it straight to him. He won't need ID to get on the bus if he has a ticket. – DJClayworth Nov 20 '15 at 19:33
  • 1
    How old is the father of your child? – Karlson Nov 20 '15 at 20:54
  • Is your child with the father, or are we just talking about the father coming to visit? – Carl Nov 21 '15 at 6:08

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.