I am writing this in relation to my brother. His wife, my sister-in-law, was in UK and my brother was in Ireland. Both were on student visas. So my brother took a risk and went to see her when she was sick.

When my sister-in-law got a work permit they applied for a family visa. In order to make it faster my brother put his signature as his wife's signature. These unfortunate deeds caused a 10 year ban from 2008 until December 2018. Their poor child was only three at that time. Her visa also was refused due to this situation.

So their visa was refused in the category of deception. The reasons given were

  1. false signature on wife behalf
  2. illegal entry
  3. lastly poor account balance

The child is now 10 years old. My question is why the child is refused to rejoin her mother???

After 8 years can they can re-apply? My sister-in-law now has permanent residency and is awaiting Citizenship.

Their family has paid high price for their negligence but is there any ground to re-apply?

Now my brother is in Dubai. Their daughter is in India. My sister-in-law is in Scotland.

I have seen some genuine answers from the gr8 people in this forum. So I thought I will ask this.

Can anyone advise me on this?

closed as off-topic by RoflcoptrException Nov 15 '15 at 9:22

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • OP, I tried to make the question and information clearer. Please revert, edit if I've made it incorrect. I think this is question is about the child permanently joining her mother which means it falls under Expatriates (maybe) rather than Travel. – mkennedy Nov 13 '15 at 0:02
  • 1
    Thank you Gayot Fow for ur support in this blog.Your fantastic answers to some of the queries encouraged me to post this question.At the moment we are fighting in the dark'(as you mentioned earlier the vulnerable group) giving money here n there.Do you think that child get any justice?Just becoz of this their entire family is suffering from last 8 yrs.Poor child she is suffering unnecessarily. – Anju Emmanuel Nov 13 '15 at 0:31
  • 1
    A person needs to be at least 18 before they can be banned. The ban applies to the father and the father isn't going to be back for a very long time (even when the ban expires). The child can apply any time they want as long as there's an accompanying guardian. – Gayot Fow Nov 13 '15 at 0:35
  • 1
    Thank you Gayot fow for your answer.I noticed in the earlier reply you mentioned about two solicitors Sophie Barrett,Barry O'leary.Can we apply through one those solicitors.Most of the solicitors discouraged my sisterinlaw saying that who will look after your child when you go to wrkC as she is only wrking at night as a healtbcare wrker..I know there million answers to solve that question.but in the letter it says otherwise – Anju Emmanuel Nov 13 '15 at 0:54
  • 1
    Those are indicative solicitor names, whether or not they take the case is indeterminate. I am going to assume this is about reunion and hence falls under the remit of our sister site, Expats. This site is about tourism and very short-term visas. Close voting in favour of migration to Expats. – Gayot Fow Nov 13 '15 at 1:04

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.