I'm looking for travel insurance for my camera and equipment which is worth a significant amount of money while traveling to Japan. I've looked at World Nomads, AIG, travelguard but they they don't cover the cost of the camera. I'm hoping to get suggestions from travelers who have successfully claimed insurance for such expensive equipment. (I live in the US)

closed as off-topic by CMaster, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, Gagravarr, Gayot Fow, Willeke Nov 4 '15 at 16:56

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on price-shopping for specific goods or services are off-topic as prices and availability change frequently in many locations. See: What is a shopping question?" – CMaster, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, Gagravarr, Gayot Fow, Willeke
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    How do you insure it at home ? My (home) insurer covers theft and damage to my gear even abroad. – blackbird Nov 4 '15 at 15:26
  • I'm thinking a $14k camera should have extensive insurance to begin with, not only if you travel with it. – Nelson Nov 4 '15 at 16:26
  • If you're a professional photographer, you presumably should have insurance for your business. Whoever wrote that policy is the one to ask. – Zach Lipton Nov 4 '15 at 18:37