I'm currently a foreign student holding my resident permit in a Schengen country, and I will go for student exchange next January to another Schengen country. As the exchange duration lasts longer than 90 days, do I need to apply for visa for my stay there?

  • This is more appropriate for expatriates.SE site rather then here.
    – Karlson
    Nov 4, 2015 at 22:49

1 Answer 1


Your current residence permit only allows you to visit other Schengen countries for 90 days within a 180 days period. So if you want to stay more than 90 days in another Schengen country, you need to apply for a new national visa (type D) or a residence permit from that country.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .