Both my wife and I are British and we have valid passports, both my children (3 & 1 year old) have no passports yet because they only countersignatory I know lives in an other city and he is lazy.

I was thinking of a quick holiday. Other than Scotland, which parts of Europe would grant entry to my children based on their birth certificates (which have no photos by the way)?

  • Hey, I thought you were inactive and never coming back. :P
    – JoErNanO
    Oct 18 '15 at 11:14
  • @JoErNanO not never never :D
    – Ulkoma
    Oct 18 '15 at 11:38
  • 4
    Seems from your link that there should be lots of people who could countersign the passport application. Your pediatrician, for instance. Oct 18 '15 at 14:35
  • @NateEldredge people in the UK don't normally have (or have ready access to) personal healthcare specialists.
    – CMaster
    Oct 18 '15 at 19:49
  • 1
    @CMaster: I mean, the medical professional (not necessarily a specialist) who normally treats the child. I guess maybe the UK equivalent is a GP. Oct 18 '15 at 19:53

Nowhere. Even entering Ireland would require an ID with a photo on it (and airlines flying there typically insist on passports).

Edit: the comment is right, I was thinking of the ferries which do require some photo ID (anecdotal evidence suggests, however, even a library card is enough). So yes, you can get to Ireland by driving in from Northern Ireland.

  • 2
    What about flying or sailing to Northern Ireland and driving across the border? Oct 18 '15 at 19:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.