I'm staying in Egypt and I have a tourist visa for Qatar (just a paper) sent to me by a family member. I was wondering, should I still go to a Qatar Embassy here in Egypt to get it stamped? Or is the visa paper that was sent to me is enough? I was wondering because I know before leaving Philippines Filipino's should get their visa's stamped first at the embassy to get an official visa sticker. I was wondering if it's the same for Filipinos living abroad?

  • Do you have a photo of the visa?
    – JonathanReez
    Jan 24, 2016 at 14:50
  • Did you provide him with passport photocopy ? Mar 28, 2016 at 10:45

1 Answer 1


Considering you are a Filipino living in Egypt; you will need

  • valid visa prior to travel
  • passport validity of more than 6 months

you cannot get an on arrival visa for Qatar. Since you have a tourist visa; if it is the original visa paper it should have the same details mentioned on your passport and you can travel with it. you will have to show the original visa paper to the airline and immigration counters in Egypt. Your passport will get a tourist visa stamp once you reach Qatar immigration.

If the visa paper you have is a copy (not the original) then you may need to get an "ok to board". Please contact the airline helpdesk on how to get that.

For what I have seen for the middle east, its ok to travel with the "original" visa. It doesn't have to be stamped on your passport. Only the visas you apply at an embassy are stamped on your passport. Visas which are obtained by sponsors are just like your scenario.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .