I'm going to Australia for both business and pleasure for two weeks. Do I need a special visa for this?


The relevant visa for this case seems to be ETA (Business Entrant - Short Validity) subclass 977. Since you mentioned you're going for a conference, a longer validity business visa should not be required. It can be applied for online.

Visitor/tourist visas will probably not fit as only 'limited volunteer work' is allowed under them.

  • I don't get what you mean about the longer validity for the conference? The whole trip should be two weeks. – Michael Pryor Jun 28 '11 at 23:35
  • @Michael: Oops, typo. I missed out a 'not' after 'should'. – Ankur Banerjee Jun 28 '11 at 23:37
  • 2
    Yes the visa Ankur mentions is the visa you require. It gives you permission to stay in Australia for 3 months in one visit, but you can also make as many visits you like over the course of a year. – anothershrubery Jun 29 '11 at 8:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.