Google Maps has suggested this crossing from Thailand to Cambodia located at 14.4339183,104.8108152 but I'm having trouble finding information about it.

  1. Which name(s) does it generally go by?
  2. Is it an international border, meaning it's open to non-locals?
  3. Are Cambodian visas-on-arrival available here?

The closest place names on the Thai side are Nong Yai and Ang Kep Nam Huai Khanun, but searching with those has not yielded anything useful. I'm still looking for place names on the Cambodian side.

  • 2
    FWIW, satellite view on Google Maps doesn't show any obvious indication of buildings, widening lanes, traffic control, or other signs of an official border, in the immediate vicinity of either side of the border. The images are blurry, though, and such a checkpoint isn't always directly on the geographic border, so it may not mean much. – Flimzy Sep 30 '15 at 8:55
  • Yes either or both of my computer and my internet were horribly slow when I was trying to check. But some remote border posts in the developing world are not much more than a couple of huts on each side and a gate or two with all staff coming and going in just one or two cars or motorbikes and few people crossing. But also Google is sometimes wrong (-: – hippietrail Sep 30 '15 at 12:05
  • 2
    Google Street View is available on the Thai side up to a short distance from the border. You can find this checkpoint about 4km before the border. I can't see any obvious signs indicating a customs or immigration checkpoint, but it seems to be in use: google.com/maps/@14.4085506,104.79185,3a,75y,358.63h,72.59t/… – Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Sep 30 '15 at 12:41
  • I think this is close to the Preah Vihaer temple, which has seen bloody conflict recently, between Cambodia and Thailand. – MastaBaba Sep 30 '15 at 18:07
  • 1
    Sure. I'm just giving a factoid. Voice of America? – MastaBaba Sep 30 '15 at 18:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.