I live in the United States and my friend lives over in England with his family. There's a very good chance that I'm going to be living with them somewhere down the line. I'll be working for my friend's father along with my friend.

What kind of visa would I need?

This would most definitely be more than a 6 month stay and such. I don't exactly know where to begin.

What preparations (paperwork-wise) would I need, like a passport and such?

Edit: Migrated.


closed as off-topic by JoErNanO, Willeke, JonathanReez, Gayot Fow, VMAtm Sep 26 '15 at 19:17

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • This should probably be migrated to expats. – JoErNanO Sep 26 '15 at 17:05

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.