This question already has an answer here:

I am from Chennai India, travelling to Auckland tonight with Student Visa, I have booked ticket in Malaysian Airlines,

Chennai - Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne, Melbourne to Auckland.

I will be staying in Melbourne for 3 hours, do I require a transit visa?

marked as duplicate by Mark Mayo Supports Monica Dec 3 '17 at 8:05

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Yes, you will - India is not on the list of exemptions.

Because you are transiting in Australia, you will need the Transit visa (subclass 771).

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.