I am planning to visit Kosovo. I am from Bangladesh, currently staying in New Delhi, India. I don't know where the Kosovo Embassy in India is, nor where I apply for a visa.


5 Answers 5


Sorry, that visa is going to be pretty tough to get. You are required to get a visa for Kosovo in advance and applications must be made in person. The nearest embassies from India are in Japan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, each of which also require visas for Bangladeshi citizens.

That said, the answer to this previous question indicates that applying via mail is possible, so I recommend you get in touch with one of those embassies and see what they say.


In addition to the answer of jpatokal, the website of the Brussels embassy states

Foreign citizens, subject to visa regime application, but bearers of valid multiple entry Schengen visa may enter the Republic of Kosovo and stay up to 15 days without having to obtain a Kosovo visa.

This might be an option if your Kosovo stay is part of a Europe trip or in between other European travels. However, I was not able to confirm this information from the websites of the other embassies (I didn't check all of them, just a not very random sample). If you would go for this option, it appears wise to look for additional confirmation.


According to VisaHQ:

Kosovo tourist visa is not required for citizens of Bangladesh for a stay up to 90 days.

However, IATA seems to indicate that a visa is required and the KLM version of TIMATIC appears not to know of Kosovo.

According to Wikipedia:

VisaHQ maintains the world's most comprehensive database of international visa requirements).

However, it seems it may have failed to update part of it over the past 3½ years (up until 1 July 2013 Kosovo did not require visas for anyone). CITB UK has:

Yes, a visa is required to travel to this country.

It has proved very reliable though at times slightly overstates the requirements (for example may fail to mention that visa on arrival is available). However the site goes on to mention:

The embassy requires the applicant to apply for a visa in person.

Which is clearly not practical for someone based in New Delhi (according to Embassy Worldwide there is a Kosovo Embassy in UK, but no embassy or consulate for Kosovo in India).

The CIBT USA is less helpful, with the only choice for purpose of trip being "Connecting/Transit".

So it may be worth contacting Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo in London:

Address: Rr. John 8
London WC1N 2ES UK
e-mail: [email protected]

(London because English is more likely to be understood there) and seeking clarification of (a) what is required and (b) if a visa is, where and how to apply when based in India.

  • Why do you think the London embassy will tell something different than what is on their website (kosovoembassy.org.uk/?page=2,100): "You need a visa to visit or transit Kosovo." (with the exception of mentioned multiple entry Schengen visa and some more) Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 15:59

Foreigners who possess a valid multiple-entry Schengen visa don't need to obtain a Kosovo visa to enter, transit or stay in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo for up to 15 days, within a period of 6 months.

For more information, please have a look at these resources:

  • 1
    @pnuts when a person takes the effort of travelling so far, they usually see more than one tiny area, and in the neighbourhood most countries are in Schengen.
    – alamar
    Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 14:05

Yes, as a Bangladesh citizen, you need a visa: http://www.mfa-ks.net/?page=2,102


You need a visa to visit or transit Kosovo.

Visas may be obtained from diplomatic and consular posts of Kosovo in:

Tirana, Albania
Ambasada e Republikës së Kosovës në Tiranë
Rr. Donika Kastrioti, Vila nr 6, Tiranë
E-mail : [email protected]

Istanbul, Turkey
Konsullata e Përgjithshme e Republikës së Kosovës në Stamboll
Vali Konağı Cad. No: 74 D 3
Nişantaşı, İstanbul / Turkey
E-mail: [email protected]

Please note that you do not need a visa to visit or transit Kosovo, if:

  • You are a holder of a valid biometric residence permit issued by one of the Schengen member states or a valid multi-entry Schengen Visa (max. 15 days stay)

  • You are a holder of a valid Laissez-Passer issued by United Nations Organizations, NATO, OSCE, Council of Europe or European Union

  • You are a holder of a valid travel documents issued by EU Member and Schengen States, United States of America, Canada, Australia and Japan based on the 1951 Convention on Refugee Status or the 1954 Convention on the Status of Stateless Persons, as well as holders of valid travel documents for foreigners (max. 15 days stay)

You can apply in the following consulate: http://www.mfa-ks.net/?page=2,166

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .