I am an Indian national currently working in UK on a Tier 2 short-term visa. My visa is valid till August 2016. My wife and daughter will be visiting the UK on a tourist visa for 2 months. My questions are:

  1. Is it possible for all three of us to get a Schengen visa from within the UK?
  2. How long will it take?
  3. Should I expect any issues?
  • 2
    Do you want to ask, is it possible for the three of us to apply together from within the UK? – Gayot Fow Sep 1 '15 at 10:59
  • yes . i want to ask whether it is possible for all 3 of us to travel + we will have any trouble in getting visa ?? – Vinay Shetty Sep 2 '15 at 11:48
  • OK, I have voted to reopen the question. Thanks for clarifying. – Gayot Fow Sep 2 '15 at 12:31
  • 1
    @VinayShetty So edit the question to ask exactly what you have clarified. – Karlson Sep 2 '15 at 13:55
  • 1
    Why do you need a visa for the UK? Aren't you already working there? – JoErNanO Sep 4 '15 at 10:29

According to the Consulate General of France in London:

To apply for a visa from the French Authorities in London:

  • You must hold a valid and recognized passport/ travel document;

  • You must be resident in the UK

  • Your UK residency must have at least 3 months validity after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area.

  • As per the decree 2008-1176 of the 13th of November 2008, the French Consulate, London, is not competent in processing visa applications of people not resident in the UK, i.e. holders of ’C-Visit’ visas or of a British visa valid for 6 months or less. People who are not resident in the UK must apply for their Schengen visas at the French Consulate in their country of residence.

So to answer your questions:

  1. Only you can apply for a Schengen visa in the UK, since your visa is valid for more than 6 months
  2. Your wife and daughter should apply for a visa back at their country of residence.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.