Traveling to Croatia & Germany from the USA next week. Need some adapters. Early research says they use both Type C and E/F in Europe. So, which adapter is the most universal?

I believe Type C adapter will work with Type E/F outlets (as well as Type C outlets). Can anyone confirm this or is it the other way around?


Although Germany uses Type F, in a few days visiting it I found a few outlets of C type. In Croatia almost every outlet is F type.

Using a type C adapter would work on any case, as it has the same separation (19mm between the center of each pin) but thinner pins (4m vs 4.8mm). The only con is that it would fit a bit looser and will be easier to unplug it accidentally.

Most of the "universal travel adapters" choose to go with the C type to cover the 3 kind of outlets.


A "Type C" adapter will work fine in Type E and Type F sockets. From AC power plugs and sockets:

The separation and length of the pins allow its safe insertion in CEE 7/1, CEE 7/3 "Schuko", CEE 7/5, and most Israeli, Swiss, Danish and Italian sockets.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.