My sister wants to renew her British passport from overseas, she made two mistakes on her application form:

  • wrong email
  • missing middle name

Whats is the standard procedure to deal with a similar issue? re-send a new application form? send a letter?

For various reasons she could not get the right advice from the passport office when she phoned them, also they refused to discuss the issue with me as I am not the applicant.

  • 2
    I wonder if this might be better on Expats, as the procedure probably differs since you're applying from abroad?
    – Gagravarr
    Aug 25, 2015 at 10:16
  • @Gagravarr I have no idea but this is not an immigration question, she just want to renew her passport that's all.
    – Ulkoma
    Aug 25, 2015 at 10:48
  • @User Most likely, her passport will get declined and she will have to re-apply and documents sent to her. Or, they will see the information on the previous passport and correct it, doubtful, however.
    – Phorce
    Aug 25, 2015 at 11:29
  • 1
    It's just a passport renewal, a problem MANY international travellers face. Definitely on topic.
    – Mark Mayo
    Aug 25, 2015 at 12:10
  • 1
    "could not get the right advice" - seems vague. Did they tell her what to do or not?
    – Mark Mayo
    Aug 27, 2015 at 22:54

1 Answer 1


What's is the standard procedure to deal with a similar issue?

The 'standard procedure' is to initiate an enquiry through the facility sponsored by HM Passport Office. They provide a form with some drop-downs and ID fields. Applications from abroad are normally referred to the Glasgow office for fulfillment, but it's fine to enter London...

enter image description here

At the bottom of the form there is a free text area to describe the nature of the enquiry; your sister should put here her correct email address and correct name. They will revert if further clarifications are needed.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .