I have previously entered the UK as a tourist, in 2007 for 20 days. Last month I applied for a Standard visa to visit my brother who is temporarily resident in the UK. My brother has his own home there so I would not incur accommodation charges for my visit. With my application I submitted:
- Invitation letter from my brother in which he mentioned all food and travel expenses will be borne by him and I would stay with him in his own home.
- My brother's bank statement (approx £3k closing balance), his property papers, passport copy, visa copy, National Insurance copy, telephone expense copy, pay slips, letter from his current employer that he wants to invite his brother to the UK (same documents for my sister-in-law).
- My bank statement (~INR 200,000 closing balance), three months of salary slips, NOC from my employer regarding my visit to UK and leave approval, my appointment letter and job confirmation letter.
However my application was rejected:
I had a return air ticket booked seven months previously but forgot to submit it.
After seven days I reapplied with additional documentation:
- After a further deposit of INR 190,000, a bank statement showing a closing balance of INR 390,000 and a covering letter explaining that my mother is partially sponsoring me for the trip and that the additional deposit was her gift.
- New invitation letter from my brother where he accepts full responsibility and guarantees I will return to India on the date of my return flight.
- My confirmed return tickets.
My application was again rejected on the following grounds:
- My salary is 25k and they are not convinced.
- I am not able to provide enough evidence due to which they rejected earlier
- INR 190,000 deposited in my account but they are not convinced that this is from my mother and doubt my financial situation.
- They are not sure that my sponsor (my brother) will take full responsibility/guarantee that I will return to India.
Moreover they mentioned that no one is stopping my brother from visiting India and there are other modes of communication where we can connect.
I don't know what to do to convince them I am a genuine visitor. I don't have any intention of overstaying as I have a pretty decent job in India and own a home and a vehicle. Why would I become a defaulter?
What should I do now?
Can I apply for a third time?
If yes, what documents do I need to show?
If rejected again, will I be banned from visiting the UK?