I will be travelling to the US soon and I would like to bring my family some souvenirs. To narrow choices down:
- Must be comestible
- Must be transportable (over a 23-hour flight)
- Must be distinctively US or Canadian
- Must be available in USA
- Must be allowed duty-free entry to Kenya
- Must be affordable (up to tens of dollars, not thousands)
- Must not require an export licence
Candy is unsuitable, even if a brand not generally available in Kenya, since too similar to locally available products.
A McDonalds meal would be ideal for “distinctively” if it met the other requirements. Even though McDonalds is found almost all over the world it is not established in Kenya, where people only know of KFC. (This is just an example as I will not be carrying a McDonalds meal on a 23h flight.)
* According to IATA TravelCentre "fruit, poultry meat and products" are not permitted entry.