This question already has an answer here:

Can an Indian national travel to Mexico in F1 visa?I also have an B1/B2 visa but I am residing in US currently in F1 status. And what about people with H1B visas?

marked as duplicate by pnuts, Rory Alsop, SpaceDog, Gayot Fow, Gagravarr Aug 15 '15 at 7:40

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


The Mexican consulate in San Francisco says that you do not need a visa as long as you have valid and unexpired USA visa (or permanent residence).

Other nationalities, Non-US Permanent Residents. Starting May 1st, 2010, all those foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico for tourist, business or transit matters won't need a Mexican visa as long as they have with them a valid and not expired USA visa in the passport. In this context, if you have a valid US visa in the passport you do not need to obtain a Mexican visa.

The website is here.

Similar, but more clearly stated information is available on the Consulate of Mexico in India website which says:


Holders of any valid visa for the United States of America (any nationality) DO NOT require visa to enter Mexico on tourist, business and transit purposes only.

  • 1
    @pnuts yes, very! incorporated into answer. – mkennedy Aug 14 '15 at 6:25

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.