I am now holding a Hong Kong passport, with a US and a Canadian visa on it. I wish to renew my passport now, do I have to cross link the old one with the new one, in order that the visas are still valid?

Sorry if this question is too specific.

  • 2
    What does "cross link" mean here? – Michael Hampton Aug 12 '15 at 20:03
  • 1
    @MichaelHampton, I think the OP means if he is required to file a transfer of conditions at the respective issuing posts. There is possibly something in the Geneva Conventions about this, but cannot immediately locate it. – Gayot Fow Aug 21 '15 at 16:34

No. See 13.18 for Canada - much the same applies for USA.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.