Can we drive across the blue water bridge from Canada to the US and back without a passport?

We have proof of Canadian citizenship but our passports just expired.


1 Answer 1


If you're a Canadian citizen coming to visit the US by land, you can present any of the following documents:

(You can also use a SENTRI or FAST/EXPRES card, but unless you travel to Mexico a lot or are a commercial truck driver you aren't likely to have one of these.)

If you haven't got any of those documents, you may wish to postpone your trip or apply for expedited passport renewal.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.