Me and my wife want to go to Italy for 1 week holiday. What document do we need to have? I visited England before, will that help me to get tourist visa for Italy?

  • 3
    What are yours and you wife's nationality?
    – gmauch
    Aug 11 '15 at 12:52
  • My nationality is indian Aug 11 '15 at 13:47
  • If i show my dad as a sponsor so it will good for my visa or no Aug 11 '15 at 17:07
  • The equivalent to the UK General visit visa for Italy is a called a "Schengen” “short-stay” or “type C” visa. You should find plenty of information about it on this site and elsewhere on the web (including on the website of the relevant Italian consulate).
    – Relaxed
    Aug 27 '15 at 16:10

You (an Indian) and your wife (assuming she is also a visa national) should both go to the Italian consular web site and create applications.

There is guidance on that site which explains what sort of documents they need as additional evidence.

For your other question: I visited England before, will that help me to get tourist visa for Italy?, they like a good performance history. It may depend upon how current your history is, but overall they like it.

  • I also think that India and UK have less bureaucracy, because India always was in economic and politic relationship with UK. Aug 31 '15 at 7:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.