- First time in The Netherlands, I am going to study at Delft.
- My accommodation is located on Schiedam, just around the Schiedam Centrum, so I plan to journey with train from Schiphol Airport.
- I plan to bring one large suitcase, one small suitcase and a small-medium backpack.
- In addition to the baggage, I plan to bring along some used electronics (24" monitor + a printer). Probably in their original carton box package.
(#1 The uni provides free shuttle bus from Schiphol to Delft Campus, they will have a welcome session of some sort, but considering my luggage and the fact it's still quite far from Delft to Schiedam, I plan to leave my luggage in my Schiedam first before attending the welcome session).
(#4 I plan to hand carry them since the shipping cost would be higher than buying new ones in Netherlands, but I'm still mulling over it)
Would travelling with those luggage using train be possible?
After a bit if internet research and asking around it seems I should take the Intercity train from Schiphol to Schiedam (source: 9292.nl/en/journeyadvice/station-schiphol/station-schiedam-centrum/departure/2015-08-08T0846)
The problems I foresaw:
- These intercity trains do not have special luggage compartment. I have to hand carry all of my luggage during around 30-40 minutes journey.
- Overhead luggage racks are there, but they're small, I wouldn't be able fit my luggage.
- I will be traveling at 9-10 AM on Monday, standing near the door with my luggage is okay but I am not sure if it's a good idea to travel with that much of luggage while it's near peak hours (crowded. That might disturb other passenger).
I am looking for inputs (especially from the Dutch people), please tell me if I miss something important. :)
EDIT: See comments below.