We are travelling from Leh to Manali by motorbike, so we will be crossing the Rohtang pass on AUG 7, 2015 Friday. Please let us know do we need any permit or should we wait in the pass. I heard a permit is required to cross from Manali to Keylong. But not sure about Keylong to Manali. Please help

  • Bike means motorbike or bicycle? Does it make a difference?
    – JoErNanO
    Jul 28, 2015 at 12:44
  • @JoErNanO : Motorbike Jul 28, 2015 at 12:49
  • 1
    +1...This is very confusing. It seems like the rules change every week and nobody knows what they are today. Jul 28, 2015 at 23:22

1 Answer 1


You only need a permit when you go from Manali to Keylong but on the way back there is no permit required. I would still advise asking when you are at Manali because rules do keep changing a lot and the government is not very proactive in letting people know about the changes.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .