I have been asked to bring this document "Convention d’accueil" for short stay visa in France, with me on the date of appointment, I could not understand from where I can get this document? Any idea please?


It's a document you would get from a research institution if you are coming there for a few weeks to do research. It's not unusual for a professor or young researcher to go for a short time to another institution to exchange ideas, work on an empirical study or write a paper. If they stay for less than 90 days, they would not get a long-stay visa but this invitation and, if needed, a Schengen visa.

As I understand from your other questions, you won't be doing research at a French institution but merely attending a conference and you should not need that document. Do submit some invitation/proof of registration to the conference with your visa application.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.